Sony VPL-EX455 Overview
Enjoy enhanced connectivity options with the Sony VPL-EX455 3600-Lumen XGA 3LCD Projector. It features 3600 lumens of brightness and a 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for detailed images in rooms with ambient light. It sports an XGA 1024 x 768 native resolution for clear data at most viewing distances. The VPL-EX455 is powered by a 3LCD display system, and its lamp features a life of up to 4000 hours at max brightness. You can use the VPL-EX455 to project up to a 300″ diagonal screen size, making it suitable for large venues. This projector also features a 1.37 to 1.8:1 throw ratio with a native 4:3 aspect ratio.
With S-video, composite video, USB Type-A, USB Type-B, two VGA, and two HDMI inputs, this projector is well equipped for external control and source connections. A VGA output shared with one of the VGA inputs enables you to send the video signal to another projector or display. The VPL-EX455 also features an Ethernet port for LAN control. A remote control and a VGA cable are included for instant connectivity.
- 3LCD BrightEra Color Processor
- Sony’s BrightEra panels are designed to deliver enhanced color light output with a 12-bit 3D Digital Gamma Correction circuit to help produce smooth color gradations.
- Long-Lasting Lamp
- The included lamp can last up to 10,000 hours in low brightness mode.
- Auto Lamp Dimming
- The VPL-EX455 is equipped with a lamp-dimming function, which dims the lamp if the projector is left powered on while not in use. The lamp will dim to as low as 30% of the original brightness level to reduce energy consumption.
- Auto Mode (Auto-Brightness Adjustment)
- The brightness of the lamp is automatically adjusted depending on the brightness of the projected image to avoid unnecessary power consumption. When showing darker images that don’t require high brightness, lamp output decreases.
- Synchronized Lamp and Filter Maintenance
- The filter is designed to last as long as the lamp, so lamp replacement and filter cleaning can be performed at the same time, saving maintenance time. Lamp access is on the side for expedited lamp changes.
- Crestron RoomView Connected
- The VPL-EX455 is compatible with Crestron RoomView Connected control and management systems, which provide control capability over an IT network without custom programming or a control processor.
- Input Naming
- Inputs can be named in a logical way to help make operation fast and easy.
- Network Presentation
- You can project images over a wired LAN or, with the optional wireless adapter, over a wireless network. The projector can simultaneously display computer images from up to four different sources. System requirements are:
- Windows XP (Home/Professional Edition SP3-); Windows Vista (Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate/Enterprise); or Windows 7, 8, or 10 (Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise)
- CPU: Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz or faster
- RAM: 512MB or more
- Display Output: Resolution greater than XGA (1024 x 768)
- USB Picture Viewer
- You can project still images files in JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF format from a USB flash drive for computer-less presentations.
- Installation-Friendly Design
- Quiet operation (as low as 29 dB in low-brightness mode, or 35 dB in high-brightness mode) helps ensure that the projector itself doesn’t distract your audience from your presentation. Digital keystone and digital shrink functions help you adjust the image to fit the screen.
- Optional Wireless Tablet Connection
- Apple devices using iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6 can be supported with the optional wireless LAN module and the Sony Remote Control + app.