Sony VPL-DW122 Overview
The VPL-DW122 2600-Lumen WXGA Mobile Projector from Sony has a native WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution, a 3000:1 contrast ratio and a brightness of 2600 lumens. The projector features a 1.3x flexible digital zoom lens. It has a world-ready 100 to 240 VAC 50/60Hz power supply, and it can handle NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM video signals.
Sony’s proprietary BrightEra 3LCD panels are made with inorganic materials, instead of organic materials, which make it highly resilient and will prevent yellowing or decaying of the projector’s image output over time. The Sony projector has a projected lamp life of 10,000 hours in low mode.
The VPL-DW122 has two convenient operational features. One is called direct power on / off and the other is called off and go. Direct power on / off is set to activate as soon as power is supplied to the projector. The caveat here is that there is no need to go through standby mode to start the projector. Off and go allows users to turn off the power supply to the projector immediately, instead of going through a power down cycle. This allows for shutting it down and moving it quickly.
- 2600 lumens 3LCD projector
- Native WXGA (1024 x 768) resolution
- Up to 10,000 hours expected lamp life
- 1.3x optical zoom
- Simple interfaces including HDMI, RGB, and composite video
- Equipped with BrightEra 3LCD panels
- 12-bit 3D digital gamma correction
- Auto lamp dimming function
- Auto brightness adjustment function depending on the contents
- Eco mode for savings on energy
- Closed captioning