Sony VPL-CH375 Overview
Enjoy detailed high-resolution and HDBaseT connectivity with the white Sony VPL-CH375 5000 Lumen WUXGA 3LCD Projector. It features 5000 lumens of brightness and a 2,500:1 contrast ratio. Additionally, this projector sports a WUXGA 1920 x 1200 native resolution for projecting vivid content. The VPL-CH375 is powered by a 3LCD display system, and the lamp features a long life of up to 3000 hours in normal mode. You can use the VPL-CH375 to project up to a 300″ diagonal screen size, making it suitable for large venues. This projector also features a 1.5:1 to 2.2:1 throw ratio and a wide screen 16:10 aspect ratio.
With VGA, USB type-A, USB type-B, composite video, S-video, and two HDMI inputs, this projector is well equipped for external control and source component connections. It also features an HDBaseT-enabled Ethernet interface for simplified system control. In addition to the inclusion of Sony’s Remote Commander remote control, the Sony VPL-CH375 offers convenient control from your network computer, smartphone, or tablet devices. Other notable features include USB display support, a low 0.5W power consumption, a built-in 12W mono speaker, and a respectable 1.45x zoom.
High Image Quality
- High-Resolution WUXGA Image
- The VPL-CH375 delivers a WUXGA (1920 x 1200) native resolution, which exceeds Full HD 1080p. It also allows projection in a wider display range. More information can be displayed on screen, so the user can see the whole image without scrolling. Clear and detailed high-quality images are projected, even on a large screen, and native Full HD images can be projected full screen.
- 3LCD BrightEra Optical System Creates Bright Images and Vivid Colors
- Thanks to the optical system continuously projecting 3 basic colors (red, blue, and green), this projector offers notable light efficiency, helping to ensure bright images. Sony’s BrightEra panels deliver improved panel light resistance, high resolution, high brightness, and reliability. High color reproduction is important, especially when projecting colorful content, such as materials typical used in classrooms.
- High-Resolution Lens
- This projector incorporates a high-resolution lens know as the Advanced Crisp Focus (ACF) lens. Its large diameter and fine pitch help to ensure crisp images.
- Fine Lens Shift
- The lens shift function allows the image position to be fine-tuned vertically or horizontally.
- Advanced Geometric Correction
- Each corner of the image can be grabbed and fitted squarely to the desired position. This feature is useful when offset projection is necessary.
- Blend-In Design
- This projector is designed to blend into a variety of environments, whether modern or simplistic.
- Simple Installation by HDBaseT
- HDBaseT is a multi-signal transmission system via a single cable, which simplifies the installation task. One Cat5e/6 cable can run up to 328′, reducing the number of cable runs and eliminating the need for extender boxes and receivers. In addition, Cat5e/6 cables can be easily terminated, even onsite during the installation process.
- Vertical/Horizontal Keystone Distortion
- With this projector, keystone correction up to +/-30° vertically and +/-20° horizontally can be digitally corrected via the on-screen operation and/or the included Remote Commander remote control. This enables detailed images to be projected with their correct geometry, even when installation space is limited.
- Lamp Dimming Function
- This projector is equipped with a lamp dimming function. After 10 seconds of a static signal feed, the lamp dims by approximately 15%, which is barely noticeable. If the projector is left powered on when not in use, after a set period of time, it automatically detects no change of signal input and will dim the lamp as low as approximately 30% of the original image, significantly reducing energy consumption.
- Synchronized Maintenance
- The lamp and dust filters require the same maintenance interval. Synchronizing the timing of the lamp and filter maintenance offers the convenience of servicing both components at the same time.
- Auto Mode (Auto Brightness Function)
- The brightness of the lamp’s output is automatically adjusted depending on the brightness of the projected image, helping to avoid unnecessary power consumption. When showing darker images that do not require high brightness, lamp output decreases.
- ECO Mode Key
- With a single push of the ECO Mode key on either the projector or the include Remote Commander remote control, users can select an energy-saving setting from the ECO Mode menu.
- The VPL-CH375 can temporarily disable video signal output. This function is operated with the touch of a button on the remote control. Additionally, this function allows blank image projection with low power consumption using lamp control technology.
Ease of Use
- Network Presentation (LAN)
- When the VPL-CH375 is installed on a LAN, presentations can be projected from any Windows or Mac computer on the network. A tablet or smartphone can also be connected at the same time. Users can project JPG, PDF, and other supported formats. Up to four users can project computer images simultaneously, while up to 8 users (7 for wireless) can connect to one projector.
- Wireless Presentation Software
For Windows/Mac: Projector Station for Network Presentation
For iOS/Android: VueMagic (provided by Pixelworks, please see the manufacturer’s website for details).
- Remote Control for iPhone/iPad
- Projector Remote is a free and simple remote control application for select Sony projectors. Networked projectors can be controlled by this application, and it allows users to operate the projector using easy-to-read buttons.
- USB Display
- This projector allows users to display pictures and audio with just one cable. There’s no need to install a driver to use this functionality. While there may be a time lag in video and audio projection, USB display provides simplified connectivity.