Sony VPL-CH350 Overview
Enjoy detailed high resolution and network support with the white Sony VPL-CH350 4000 Lumen WUXGA 3LCD Projector. It features 4000 lumens of brightness and a 2500:1 contrast ratio. Additionally, this projector sports a WUXGA 1920 x 1200 native resolution for projecting vivid content. The VPL-CH350 is powered by a 3LCD display system, and the lamp features a long life of up to 4000 hours in normal mode. You can use the VPL-CH350 to project up to a 300″ diagonal screen size, making it suitable for large venues. This projector also features a 1.5:1 to 2.2:1 throw ratio and a widescreen 16:10 aspect ratio.
With VGA, USB type-A and type-B, composite video, S-video, and two HDMI inputs, this projector is well equipped for external control and source connections. It also features a 100BASE-TX RJ45 interface for LAN control. In addition to the inclusion of Sony’s Remote Commander remote control, the Sony VPL-CH350 offers convenient controlled from your network computer (Windows and Mac), smartphone, or tablet devices. Other notable features include USB display support, a low 0.5W power consumption, a built-in 12W mono speaker, and a respectable 1.45x zoom.
High Image Quality
- High-Resolution WUXGA Image
- The VPL-CH350 delivers a WUXGA (1920 x 1200) native resolution, which exceeds Full HD 1080p. It also allows projection in a wider display range. More information can be displayed on screen, so the user can see the whole image without scrolling. Clear and detailed high-quality images are projected, even on a large screen, and native Full HD images can be projected full screen.
- 3LCD BrightEra Optical System Creates Bright Images and Vivid Colors
- Thanks to the optical system continuously projecting 3 basic colors (red, blue, and green), this projector offers notable light efficiency, helping to ensure bright images. Sony’s BrightEra panels deliver improved panel light resistance, high resolution, high brightness, and reliability. High color reproduction is important, especially when projecting colorful content, such as materials typical used in classrooms.
- High-Resolution Lens
- This projector incorporates a high-resolution lens known as the Advanced Crisp Focus (ACF) lens. Its large diameter and fine pitch help to ensure crisp images.
- Fine Lens Shift
- The lens shift function allows the image position to be fine-tuned vertically or horizontally.
- Advanced Geometric Correction
- Each corner of the image can be grabbed and fitted squarely to the desired position. This feature is useful when offset projection is necessary.
- Blend-In Design
- This projector is designed to blend into a variety of environments, whether modern or simplistic.
- Vertical/Horizontal Keystone Distortion
- With this projector, keystone correction up to ±30° vertically and ±20° horizontally can be digitally corrected via the on-screen operation and/or the included Remote Commander remote control. This enables detailed images to be projected with their correct geometry, even when installation space is limited.
- Lamp Dimming Function
- This projector is equipped with a lamp dimming function. After 10 seconds of a static signal feed, the lamp dims by approximately 15%, which is barely noticeable. If the projector is left powered on when not in use and without a change in the input signal, after a set period of time, it will dim the lamp as low as approximately 30% of the original image. This significantly reduces energy consumption.
- Synchronized Maintenance
- The lamp and dust filters require the same maintenance interval. Synchronizing the timing of the lamp and filter maintenance offers the convenience of servicing both components at the same time.
- ECO Mode Key
- With a single push of the ECO Mode key on either the projector or the include Remote Commander remote control, users can select an energy-saving setting from the ECO Mode menu.
- The VPL-CH350 can temporarily disable video signal output. This function is operated with the touch of a button on the remote control. Additionally, this function allows blank image projection with low power consumption using lamp control technology.
Ease of Use
- Network Presentation (LAN)
- When the VPL-CH350 is installed on a LAN, presentations can be projected from any Windows or Mac computer on the network. A tablet or smartphone can also be connected at the same time. Users can project jpg, pdf, and other supported formats. Up to four users can project computer images simultaneously, while up to 8 users (7 for wireless) can connect to one projector.
- Wireless Presentation Software
For Windows/Mac: Projector Station for Network Presentation
For iOS/Android: VueMagic (provided by Pixelworks, please see the manufacturer’s website for details).
- Remote Control for iPhone/iPad
- Projector Remote is a free and simple remote control application for select Sony projectors. Networked projectors can be controlled by this application, and it allows users to operate the projector using easy-to-read buttons.
- USB Display
- This projector allows users to display pictures and audio with just one cable. There’s no need to install a driver to use this functionality. While there may be a time lag in video and audio projection, USB display provides simplified connectivity.
- Closed caption support
- Network and control support for systems such as PJLink, AMX, and Crestron
- Supports optional USB wireless LAN module
- RJ45 100BASE-TX network interface